This privacy notice is a public declaration of how TWC (The Whole Sale Company) applies the Data Protection Principles & Rights afforded to individuals by the GDPR, to the personal data that we process.
TWC is committed to complying to the 6 principles relating to the processing of personal data under the GDPR in all that we do. These principles are:
- Lawfulness, fairness & transparency.
- Purpose limitation.
- Data minimisation.
- Storage limitation.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; administer payments to associates/suppliers. It also includes data captured for surveys/delivery of services to clients and any other information that you choose to send to us.
Lawful basis for processing your data and what we do with the information we collect
We process your personal data for our legitimate business interests for operating our business and to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients. We may also process your data to comply with legal obligations we have with HMRC and other government bodies. For all other processing we will obtain your consent before using any of your personal data.
The information collected will be used for:
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- administering the website including improve your browsing experience and enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology where you have specifically agreed to this (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website, and services or other correspondence;
- where you submit information for publication on our website or other online media and publications, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license or consent you grant to us;
- use the details submitted by you on Survey Monkey at our request to complete an analytical project;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in or supply from to enable us to use the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Security of Your Personal Information and Retention
We continue to take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
TWC retains your personal information for only as long as stipulated within our Data Retention Policy or where required in accordance with our client contractual retention period. TWC does not seek to retain data for any longer than necessary to carry out our service and fulfil our statutory and contractual obligations. For further details on the retention periods of your personal data, please contact us using the details further below.
Third Party Websites
This privacy notice is strictly for the TWC website and services only. Where this website contains links to other websites, users should review the privacy notices on those other websites on how their personal data is handled.
TWC recognises the further rights of data subjects under the GDPR which include;
- The right to be informed – we will only process your data in accordance with this privacy notice or whereby we obtain explicit consent from you;
- The right of access (or otherwise known as subject access request) – you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data that we hold. Please contact us with a description of the exact information you are seeking using the information below;
- The right to rectification – if any data is incorrect or has changed, please contact us and we will correct it;
- The right to erasure (or the right to be forgotten) – your right to have your information deleted or no longer used for processing unless there is a legal or other reason for continuing to process it. Please contact us if you have any queries or requests;
- The right to restrict processing or object to processing – you have the right to restrict or stop us processing your information any further, but will not affect any processing which has taken place. If you no longer wish your data to be processed or used, please contact us;
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request a copy of your data in a machine-readable format for any personal data provided by you;
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling – you have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing and it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on the individual;
- The right to withdraw consent – where we are processing your data using your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time by writing to us using the information below;
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us to make a Subject access request, request rectification, object to processing or have any other queries relating to this website, your personal data or have a complaint, please contact us using the information below:
500 Avebury Boulevard,
Central Milton Keynes,
+44 (0)1908 101389